Sharing the blog love


Aww jeez, the lovely Jacquie at Birdandfox has nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thank you!

It's all about sharing the love for fellow newbie bloggers, and such a nice way to reach out and say Hey there! I like your blog, I really do! It works by the nominated sharing a little about themselves, and asking a little about some other bloggers they'd like to nominate in turn. Possibly because Birdandfox and I have similar ace blog-loving taste, there are a few bloggers on her list that I also think are awesome.

I'm still going to nominate them cause I really want to say hey, I love your blog too! Yes! plus, sent encouragement to a few other favourites of mine. If Birdandfox and I have both nominated your blog, maybe you could answer Birdandfox' 11 questions, rather than mine too, so you only answer 11 rather than 22 questions - if you want!

Ok, here goes. Here are my answers to Birdandfox' 11 questions:

1. Where is your favourite place to be?
The beach, a good bookstore, anywhere with a book.

2. Smooth or crunchy peanut butter? Or no peanut butter at all??
Crunchy. Always, and just the peanuts - no salt or sugar. I'm a purist on the PB front.

3. What is the thing that has surprised you the most about blogging?
That anyone reads thesewovenwords and takes the time to comment. Thank you, seriously.

4. When you make fairy bread, do you use the round hundreds and thousands or the long sprinkles?
Round.

5. What would be one piece of wisdom you would pass on to people?
Be kind. To yourselves and to others.

6. What was the last thing you took a photo of on your phone?
My son, learning to walk and utterly stoked about it.

7. Tea or coffee? Both?
Coffee in order to function, and only in the morning. Tea to sooth, and only in the afternoon.

8. What are you most looking forward to in this month?
Family holiday time. Starting a new job.

9. When was the last time you read a book?
Last night.

10. City, suburbia, or country?
Country - we made the move from city to country town 3 years ago and haven't looked back.

11. What is your ideal way to spend time with your friends and/or family?
A backyard bbq while watching our small kids run around and go crazy together.

11 facts about me:

1.  I love libraries, bookstores, bookshelves, a stack of second-hand books for sale at the local market... you get the picture.
2. I'm allergic to all nuts except peanuts.
3. I can have real trouble sleeping between the hours of 1am-3am - having bubbas hasn't helped that.
4. Early morning as the sun comes up is my favourite time of day. Not always conducive to #3.
5. Over the decades I've re-read some books many times. They're like old friends, we go way back.
6. Dark chocolate (85% +) and I have a deep, long love. Sorry Birdandfox!
7. I've got a heavy vehicle license to drive a truck or a bus.
8. I've lived in France, Africa and the UK for a year-ish each.
9. Listening to podcasts while cooking is a favourite - even better if it's raining.
10. If I were an animal, I'd be a turtle (according to my 3 year old, who thinks this is vital to share)
11. I grew up in the dry heat of WA, so unless it's 30+ outside, it doesn't really feel like summer.

11 blogs I nominate:

1. She Who Rambles
2. A Wilder Magic
3. One Small Life
4. The Chronic-ills of Rach
5. Tread Kindly
6. Bear love Dove
7. Squiggle and swirl
8. Girlfifteen
9. Naomi Bulger
10. I Give You The Verbs
11. The Magpie Diaries

If you've already been nominated, don't feel you have to answer my 11 questions too, ok!

But if you want, my 11 questions for you are:

1. What's the last thing you made?
2. What's one of your fondest memories?
3. Favourite thing to drink?
4. Best book you've read recently?
5. Is there a cause or charity you feel strongly about and why?
6. Favourite place to read?
7. What's your idea of an awesome holiday?
8. Best snack?!
9. What do you think your best attribute is?
10. What are you listening to this week?
11. Is there something or someone that makes you laugh every time?

Birdandfox set out such clear helpful tips for what to do next if you've been nominated, that I've replicated them below!

What YOU need to do when you post in response:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award image on your post.
- Respond to the 11 questions I wrote for you.
- Include 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 other blogs you think are deserving of the award and have less than 200 followers. Some bloggers I nominate have a bit over 200 followers, or may have been nominated already, so if that's you, don't feel you need to answer my 11 questions too. But I really did want to give you a shout-out all the same! 
- Include 11 questions for them to answer.
- Get in contact with those bloggers to let them know you have nominated them.

Phew! That's it from me! Thank you Jacquie for sharing the love of some newbie blogs and encouraging me to do the same.

8 comments:

  1. Isn't this gorgeous to get to know other bloggers just a little bit better! Great. Thanks so very much for the nomination, and also for sharing all this lovely info about yourself. I really enjoyed reading it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it? Plus I really like the chance to give a shout-out to those blogs I like, encouragement is always good!

      Delete
  2. I am feeling most flattered to have been nominated by one of my most revered bloggers so will be happy to share the love. These getting to know you questions are great - you sound lovely Pia and thanks again for nominating me ! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh Ing that's lovely - seriously, I've learnt so much from your blog!

      Delete
  3. Oosh! Thank you so much for nominating me - it sounds like such fun! I loved reading the answers to your questions - the beach and anywhere with a book is pretty much my favourite place to be as well - the beach with a book? The world is good. Such a lovely idea. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah the perfect combination indeed! Loving your photos of your new home. Hope the settling in is going ok and the new school goes well x

      Delete
  4. Love your words Pia and thanks so much for nominating me! I love libraries and always wanted to get my HGV licence - so much fun learning about each other in this way. It'll by my first 'blog birthday' soon so I think I'll save my Liebster response for that. Thanks again :) xx

    ReplyDelete

 

Let's Connect

 photo sitwitter_zpsef8f50c4.png photo sifacebook_zps8b1c57f4.png photo siemail_zps60865ada.png